Who we are
The website henfred.me is a privately owned and operated personal webspace. For more details on its guiding principles, please see the About page.
In general, we feel strongly about respecting your privacy.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form. Additionally, we store basic profile information such as a name and email address with additional unique identifiers if you choose to log in with and link your social media account. This data is used only to provide the comments service. Providing this information is entirely voluntary. Your data on social media services is governed by their respective privacy policies.
We may store a profile photo that you submit to us to display with your comments. This photo might be loaded from a linked social media account, if you choose to link such an account with a third party.
This site may set cookies in your browser. These cookies are associated with your account information to manage the logged-in state of your session and remember form fields, such as name and email address, for your convienence.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Your data is never shared with third parties except when:
- You request a password reset email. Your name, IP, email address, or access times may be shared with email hosts,
- You post a comment. Comments and comment metadata may be shared with email hosts, spam detection services, and other website visitors.
- We believe illegal activity has occured. In this case, we may share your data with law enforcement agencies or other incident response organizations.
How long we retain your data
The following information may be retained indefinitely:
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata.
- Profile information. However, users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Admins can also see this information.
The following information may be retained temporarily:
- Authorization and login tokens.
- IP addresses.
- Web requests details.
Note: Practically speaking, we don’t intentionally use this temporary information after 30 days, but it might be retained in the databases or on backup media for up to one year.
Your data rights
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes or data that is not technically feasible to remove.